[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Block / Clustersize with Oracle 10gR2

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Nov 15 10:36:09 PST 2006

If your aim is to compare db performance on raw v ocfs2, look
at the actual thruput. As in, transactions per sec. Use whatever tool
you want or that corresponds best to your workload.

The detail statspack data provided by enterprise manager is useful
in tuning the db itself. Say, for sizing the buffer cache. But there are
some
numbers useful for getting the ave io time.... sequential read, parallel
read,
etc.

iostat will provide raw io thruput numbers like MB/s. Do dd against the raw
device and you will get a baseline for comparing io performance.

ios/sec, as a standalone stat, is not that useful. Look at the thruput.
mb/s and/or tps.