[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Block / Clustersize with Oracle 10gR2

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Wed Nov 15 09:59:34 PST 2006

When measuring performance between raw and OCFS2 using Enterprise
Manager and taking half-hour snapshots, are physical reads/writes per
second directly comparable or should we only be looking at "db block
changes", "session logical reads", etc?

I've got iostat data and graphs of the storage when doing raw and OCFS2
IO tests.  I've also got Enterprise Manager screen shots if they provide
any value.

Besides switching to Swingbench, how can we verify we are truly getting
the same "IO" between raw and OCFS2 if the physical reads/writes are not
in the same ball-park.

In fact, when the DBA disabled async IO on the database on OCFS2, the
IO/sec did not decrease at all.

Thanks for helping.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       IT Infrastructure                  . | | | . | | | .