[Ocfs2-users] Soft and Hard Readonly?

Sutterfield, Geary L. glsutter at mitre.org
Mon Nov 13 09:53:26 PST 2006

I've seen some discussions in the past about "soft readonly" and "hard
readonly" options in OCFS2. But I can't seem to find a description of
them anywhere. Do I have look at code comments? Or is there another
place that describes how these work? Are they mount options?

I'm trying to configure a cluster with a single write-enabled server
and multiple read-only servers. Does anyone have experience with this
type of configuration? Can the hard readonly or soft readonly options
be used to create such a configuration? If anyone has any experience
setting up a cluster like this, I'd like to hear about your
configuration and your experiences.

Thanks

Geary Sutterfield
Lead Software Systems Engineer