[Ocfs2-users] general oberservations obout ocfs2

Randy Ramsdell rramsdell at livedatagroup.com
Fri Nov 10 06:27:59 PST 2006

Hi,

We have been using this filesystem for several months and are interested in its prospects.

>From what I have seen, given the errors and non-graceful ways I have to use to recover from ocfs2
problems, is it fair to assume that this code is not really ready for "prime-time" or for testing only?

The filesystem appears to work, but I rarely can recover without simply rebooting a system, not very gracefull.

When will the code not be considered alfa and ready for real-world production environments?

Thank You
RCR