[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Block / Clustersize with Oracle 10gR2

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Nov 9 10:20:03 PST 2006

Why are you looking at iops and not the io thruput?

What is the actual io thruput? Please could you share some iostat
numbers with us. In all our tests, we've seen very little difference
in the actual io thruput between raw and ocfs2.

Clustersize will mainly affect the alloc/dealloc performance. It has very
little role to play in io performance. If anything, it could help coalesce
requests to reduce number of ios (read cdbs) required to do the task.