[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Block / Clustersize with Oracle 10gR2

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Thu Nov 9 06:42:15 PST 2006

Hello,

I followed the user's guide recommendation of 4K block size and 128K
cluster size.  I have 8 32GB OCFS2 filesystems mounted on two nodes.
The DBA has created a large tablespace with 4GB data files on each
filesystem.

The performance is only getting 3,400 IO/sec read/write combined.  If I
re-use the LUNs and give the DBA 4GB raw partitions, he can get over
7,000 IO/sec read/write combined (single-node) and over 11,000 IO/sec on
two nodes.

What's my next step to improve performance of OCFS2?  Since the DBA is
using 4GB datafiles, should I increase the cluster size to the max 1MB?

Thanks for any hints.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       IT Infrastructure                  . | | | . | | | .