[Ocfs2-users] Dinode signature problem

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Tue May 2 13:12:01 CDT 2006

Hmmm... I've seen this issue once before and on a similar setup. As in,
firewire
(Oxford 911 chipset). It literally is a one-bit corruption. The
signature INODE01
becomes KNODE01. As far as I remember we never could duplicate it. As it was
only on one firewire setup and not on any fiber/iscsi/xen setups, we did
not spend
much time on it.

First, backup:
dd if=/dev/sdX of=/tmp/backup bs=<blocksize> count=1000

To fix:
# dd if=/dev/sdX  of=blk17 count=1 skip=17 bs=<blocksize>
# dd if=/dev/sdX  of=blk23 count=1 skip=23 bs=<blocksize>

Use your favorite bin editor and change the first K to an I.

# dd of=/dev/sdX  if=blk17 count=1 seek=17 bs=<blocksize>
# dd of=/dev/sdX  if=blk23 count=1 seek=23 bs=<blocksize>

The fs should be umounted during this escapade.

Also, maybe you should look at iscsi for your shared storage needs.