[Ocfs2-users] Cluster hangs completely

Devinder Singh dsingh at marketaxess.com
Mon Mar 27 08:20:11 CST 2006

There seem to be lot of issues with OCFS2 related to failover and all.  We
tested the same scenario, we brought down one HBA and the node went down,
even though there was another HBA and we were using PowerPath. We brought
down one SP in our Clariion, node went down, even though the second SP is
still functioning. We have decided to not to use OCFS2 and instead go with
ASM. I opened a ticket with oracle to ask when ocfs2 will be certified, they
didn't give me any time frame instead suggested ASM is the way to go.

My .2 cents..

   _____