[Ocfs2-users] initial cluster setup

Kevin Lyons klyons at novell.com
Thu Mar 23 11:18:46 CST 2006

<4422C55D.6030004 at saepio.com>,
Matthew Boeckman <matthewb at saepio.com> wrote:
> I guess my first question is -  do I need to have a partition
formatted
> as ocfs2 on all nodes in the cluster for this to work?
>
> I have formatted a partition via ocfs2console on node1, and mounted
it
> as well. However I cannot figure out how to make that filesystem
> available on node0, where i have not created an ocfs2 partition.

The way you ask the question make me suspect that the partition you
created and formated is not a shared disk, e.g. iSCSI, Fiber Channel,
Firewire (for testing only).  Is it a shared disk?  If so do both nodes
actually see the same disk?

If you are formatting a partition on the systems local disk (not
shared) it will not work.  You will be able to mount it on the local
node, but the remote node will have no way to see the disk and will be
unable to mount it.

Thanks,
Kevin