[Ocfs2-users] initial cluster setup

Matthew Boeckman matthewb at saepio.com
Thu Mar 23 09:57:17 CST 2006

Hello list!

Just pulled down ocfs2 this morning and installed it on two RHEL 4
2.6.9-34 systems. I have followed the manual, but am not seeing some
things it describes and am not sure what the problem is.

I guess my first question is - do I need to have a partition formatted
as ocfs2 on all nodes in the cluster for this to work?

I have formatted a partition via ocfs2console on node1, and mounted it
as well. However I cannot figure out how to make that filesystem
available on node0, where i have not created an ocfs2 partition.

I've been assuming that formatting as ocfs2 will destroy existing data,
and don't have a spare partition on node0 yet, I can get one if that is
required.

Basically my overall question is how do I mount the filesystem(s) from
various nodes on each other, or make the whole available to the nodes?

Thanks in advance!