[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 + NFS

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 09:43:15 CST 2006

You know, if you only need two nodes, DRBD might be a good bet for that too.

I currently have NFSv4 + DRBD running on two nodes, and it fails over
with minimal interruption... and I'm just a newbie at the whole
HA/heartbeat/whatnot setup. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on
NFS tuning and some other stuff could make it even more seamless - but
I don't get any NFS errors, it seems to work perfectly fine.

DRBD takes care of synchronizing the device information.

More information at:
http://linux-ha.org/DRBD
and drbd.org

I had a nearly 100% step by step howto do to DRBD+NFS, I thought it
was on linux-ha.org, but I can't find it again (it might be that empty
page...?) - that's what I used. It was pretty simple.