[Ocfs2-users] ddraid?

Juraj Bednar jooray at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:11:10 CST 2006

Hello,

  has anyone (except of author) tried ocfs2 with
http://sourceware.org/cluster/ddraid/?

  I would really like to build a fully redundant storage without using a
SAN (with two PCs). But on the block device level (over network, using
raid), there are just so many things, that can go wrong with the
implementation, I'm not quite sure what to use.

  I've seen some reports of using GFS + GNBD + raid1 (fr1), but I
believe this will fail on the first split brain occasion.

  I would really like to have some good distributed filesystem solution,
that just works under Linux, in fact, I miss this for years. OCFS2 is a
good start (also with GFS), but the requirement of shared storage is
quite a problem (consider you want the cluster to span two independent
datacenters, ...).

  Any ideas are helpful.

  Thanks for the link to PVFS2, but I didn't find out, if it can be
redundant yet.

   Juraj.