[Ocfs2-users] iscsi or some other form of shared storage?

Juraj Bednar jooray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:09:30 CST 2006

Hello,

  I would like to ask about using shared storage for ocfs2. I would like
to have two linux servers connected using dedicated 1Gbps connection and
share the same data. I have no SAN, etc.

  What is the best approach of building the shared storage? I was
considering using iSCSI, having /dev/sda1 as a target and mounted from
the other machine. This would probably work, but this way, loosing
machine, which is iSCSI target means a single point of failure.

  Doing RAID-1 on local driver and remote iSCSI drive could bring the
systems into inconsistent state, right?

  Is it possible to do some kind of data replication, which would not
cause problems to OCFS2? Any links to related setups, comments, etc.
appreciated.

   Thanks,

    Juraj