[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 and berkeley database files

Eckenfels. Bernd B.Eckenfels at seeburger.de
Wed Dec 6 11:02:53 PST 2006

Hello

In that case (failover of LDAP Server), you can use any local file system on a failover device (mounted only on the active node) with heartbeat or other cluster managers.

I was looking into OCFSv2 for failover clusters also. I expected to get rid of the cluster manager controling the volumes. However the OCFS' own cluster manager is less mature, so better go with Hearteat, Lifekeeper Redhat Cluster or any other established failover product. That also solves the mmap problem.

Gruss
Bernd