[Ocfs2-users] re: question on adding a node to RAC cluster and o2cb

Peter Santos psantos at cheetahmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:04:25 PDT 2006

The config file is simple...

root at dbo1:~/db_scripts> cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.6.4
        number = 0
        name = dbo1
        cluster = ocfs2

node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.6.5
        number = 1
        name = dbo2
        cluster = ocfs2

node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.6.9
        number = 3
        name = dbo3
        cluster = ocfs2

cluster:
        node_count = 3
        name = ocfs2

One thing I did notice was that the Public IP and the Virtual IP of dbo3 were configured
in /etc/hosts as the same ip "192.168.6.9". .. I wonder if this was the cause of the problem... ?
I've since change the virtual IP....

- -peter