[Ocfs2-users] heartbeat write timeout

Stephan A. Rickauer stephan.rickauer at ini.phys.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 18 08:31:37 CDT 2006

Sunil Mushran wrote:
> Set up netdump/netconsole. We print more messages after the
> write_timeout which will provide more clues. As the node is panicing,
> these messages are caught only by the netdump server.

scheduler = deadline, hb_dead_threshold = 50. Still fencing.

---snip---
Heartbeat thread (3) printing last 24 blocking operations (cur=10):
Heartbeat thread stuck at waiting for write completion stuffing current time
into that blocker (index 10)
Index 11: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 12: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 13: took 1673 ms to do waiting for write completion
Index 14: took 250 ms to do msleep
Index 15: took 0 ms to do allocating bios for read
Index 16: took 0 ms to do bio alloc read
Index 17: took 0 ms to do bio add page read
Index 18: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 19: took 149 ms to do waiting for read completion
Index 20: took 0 ms to do bio alloc write
Index 21: took 0 ms to do bio add page write
Index 22: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 23: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 0: took 4090 ms to do waiting for write completion
Index 1: took 0 ms to do allocating bios for read
Index 2: took 0 ms to do bio alloc read
Index 3: took 0 ms to do bio add page read
Index 4: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 5: took 134 ms to do waiting for read completion
Index 6: took 0 ms to do bio alloc write
Index 7: took 0 ms to do bio add page write
Index 8: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 9: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 10: took 120045 ms to do waiting for write completion
Kernel panic - not syncing: ocfs2 is very sorry to be fencing this system by
panicing