[Ocfs2-users] heartbeat write timeout

Weller, Michael michael.weller at itz-essen.de
Sat Apr 1 13:36:52 CST 2006

Hi List,

I experience the very same problem. This time it's not iScsi but a very
performant 2 node HP DL385 (dual dual-core Opteron) cluster redundantly
connected with two one port HP 2214 2Gbit San-Controllers (relabelled
Qlogic, 2340 I think) two a dual Fabric HP 4/32 San connected to an EVA
6000 holding a few Terabytes (no, the ocfs2 is only about 7Gig). The
System is SAN-booted (no local disks). This is a vendor certified setup,
we are bound to SLES9SP3 (and EXACTLY that, nothing less, not a patch
more) with a HP certified qla driver 8.0.2p11.

We have plenty similar systems in that SAN, all work well, except the
ocsf2 cluster which easily locks up with the 12000ms timeout message.
Especially the system cannot survive a SAN Failover in case a switch or
link fails.
It locks up immediately. Definitely nothing like a 12s timeout expires.
We had no chance yet to put any sensible load upon that system, system
lock in case of a SAN failover even in idle state

You mention a FAQ regarding some config option which I didn't come
across up to now, where can I find it?

Which options would you recommend to fix the problem or at least make
locks much less likely.

Thanks in advance.

---

Dr. Michael Weller