[Ocfs2-users] latest code/patches for vanilla kernel

Manish Singh manish.singh at oracle.com
Sun Jun 12 22:05:31 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 07:39:35AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>  thanks a lot for the incredible amount of work you are doing. It's really impressive.
>
> I was wondering tho if it would be possible, at release/tag time, to
> also get patches for 2.6.12 vanilla kernels like you did for 12rc4 and 12rc5.
> That would be really awesome.

Well, when 2.6.12 is out, that's what we'll do. It's not out yet though.
There are patches against 2.6.12-rc6 online. The basic policy is that
patches are generated against the latest released Linus kernel,
including pre/rc variants.

That said, ocfs2 makes fairly localized changes. The current patch will
apply to all 2.6.12-pre/rc and 2.6.11. The only source of potential
conflicts are the fs Kconfig, Makefile, and documentation index files,
which are trivially resolvable by hand.

-Manish