[Ocfs2-users] FC3

Han Xie han.xie at oz.quest.com
Tue Jan 11 22:06:56 CST 2005

Sunil,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion, I changed version.h file
[root at linaclef redhat]# cd /usr/include/linux
[root at linaclef linux]# more version.h
#define UTS_RELEASE "2.4.20"
#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132116
#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + (c))

#define UTS_RELEASE "2.6.9"
#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132616
#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + (c))

I don't know the LINUX_VERION_CODE for 2.6, so I made it up.  But it does not fix the problem.

I am encouraged by your comment on easy debug.  So I did a bit investigation.  My installation of FC3 does not have a copy of either filemap.c or ksyms.c anywhere.  (Is this a FC3 bug?  I did a full installation of everything).  This is why the *generic_file_write* check failed.

I assume kernel 2.6.9 has all the things ocfs2 need, so I hard code it by changing configure.in file from
else
  have_safe_write=no
fi

else
  have_safe_write=yes
  COMPAT_SAFE_WRITE=yes
fi

Then everything is fine.  My Oracle has been running for half a day now, seems OK.  But I admit I will not be brave enough to try this on my production database unless someone in Oracle, like you, tell me it is OK.  Is this a FC3 issue or ocfs2 issue?  What do you think?

Another minor thing.  On my SUSE 9, and RedHat AS 3, and FC3, I have to hardcode MODULE in load_ocfs2 like this.
# If you must hardcode an absolute module path for testing, do it HERE.
# MODULE=/path/to/test/module/ocfsX.o
MODULE=/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.667/kernel/fs/ocfs2.ko

Without the above hardcode, it always failed with a FATAL error on insmod.

Maybe I missed something.  Otherwise it must be a ocfs2 installation bug.

Thanks again and kind regards.
Han