[Ocfs2-users] status of ocfs2

Han Xie han.xie at oz.quest.com
Wed Jan 5 16:45:25 CST 2005

Hi Guenther,

If you can't wait, you can download the source and compile it.  I just did it yesterday, not too hard.  I can share my experience if you need.

Wim, in last month OW in SF, during the RAC-SIG panel discussion, Oracle Server Tech group stated ASM will remain, but did not mention OCFS as the strategic long term product.  Can you comment on this please?  Will Oracle dump OCFS in the future and go back to vendor's fs?  Or, does Oracle take OCFS as a strategically important piece in the RAC and will continue enhancing it.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Han