[Ocfs2-devel] RE: [Ocfs2-users] RE: Playing with OCFS2

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Mon Feb 2 15:13:39 CST 2004

Enclosed please find a patch which fixes the issue I had.

The root cause is that spin_trylock will always return 1 on a
Uniprocessor (UP) system.

It appears the code in this case had an assumption of a SMP system.  The
spin_trylock appears to be used as a debugging mechanism to make sure
that a lock had been previously made before the function was called.

My patch is just to use the #ifdef CONFIG_SMP but I think that this may
go against the kernel guidelines but I am not sure.

John