[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Why not link libdlm_lt directly ?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Oct 29 11:39:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 02:19:43AM +0800, Coly Li wrote:
> I do not catch up with you yet. Could you please explain a little bit more why this is a redhat-lsb issue, and why
> copying o2cb.init into vendor/common/ is helpful to the solution ?

	redhat-lsb is not the issue with loading libdlm.so.  redhat-lsb
is just the cause of ocfs2-tools pulling in 63MB of dependencies on
Fedora.  ocfs2-tools uses the lsb init script functions.  On Fedora,
those are in redhat-lsb, and redhat-lsb depends on the world.  Creating
an init script that is distro-neutral but doesn't depend on the lsb
package would solve that problem.

Joel

--

"Win95 file and print sharing are for relatively friendly nets."
	- Paul Leach, Microsoft

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle