[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [Ocfs2-devel] Add --force option in tunefs

Tao Ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Wed Jul 2 22:55:44 PDT 2008

Hi Goldwyn,

Goldwyn Rodrigues wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Sunil Mushran <Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com> wrote:
>> Well, we need to have a --force override if only to allow users
>> cloning ocfs2 volumes an easy way to change the uuid.
>>
>> Goldwyn,
>> What is your justification for needing this feature? As in,
>> allowing force override to change mount type from clustered to local.
>> Is this a specific user requirement?
>>

> The specific user requirement was to be able to change the number of
> slots while the filesystem is online.
If this is your case, I am not sure whether you can force it. Since in
both removing and adding slot, you need to allocate/free spaces for
journals which will use global_bitmap. So you may meet with corruption
of that file if both kernel and userspace allocate/free clusters from
global_bitmap.

Regards,
Tao