[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [Ocfs2-devel] Add --force option in tunefs

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Jul 2 17:49:54 PDT 2008

Well, we need to have a --force override if only to allow users
cloning ocfs2 volumes an easy way to change the uuid.

Goldwyn,
What is your justification for needing this feature? As in,
allowing force override to change mount type from clustered to local.
Is this a specific user requirement?

Our fear is that this override will allow some script author to
hard code it leading to corruption. As in, click here to change the
mount type. I mean, we already have a force override in mkfs, but
format is something users understand wipes the data. I am not sure
users will immediately understand that changing the mount type will
corrupt the fs if it is mounted on another node.

Sunil