[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [RFC] changing default block device detection method and more

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Mon Nov 26 15:24:19 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 08:26:06PM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Sunil Mushran wrote:
> > Apart from what you've pointed out, we have also to deal with multipath
> > and lvm.
>
> scanning /dev will catch all of those automatically without special tricks.

	Yeah, and we possibly have to solve scan ordering here (that is,
dm-N is a multipath of sd{MO}, so we want to see dm-N first).  We had
that problem in /proc/partitions too, but it's good to be aware of it.

> > blkid was added before upstream picked up the changes. We have no intention
> > of making our lives harder. ;)
>
> Can we than kill it from the tree if it's barely required?

	We only use the in-tree blkid if the installed one isn't new
enough.  That's RHEL4.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #451