[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [patch] Add test programs in ocfs2-test to verify removing slots. take 1

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Wed Jul 18 12:01:38 PDT 2007

Tao,

After looking at the tests.

1. test_remove.c. I think you should rename it before checking it in.
The name is generic and I think it should be remove_slot.c. You can
group tests better if the script/program have the same name or something
that would relate them.

2. corrupt.patch. I don't see any problem using it, but it would be
something that one will always have to remember to apply before running
this specific test. I don't know if we could use a hidden parameter in
tunefs.ocfs2 and make it permanent. Also, I think the name should be a
little more descriptive and point to what program (tunefs.ocfs2) it is
affecting.

3. The patch has the script named as test_remove_slot.patch in the
Makefile. Needs to fix that.

Also, have to include "SUBDIRS = remove-slot" in the
programs/tunefs-test/Makefile so that it can build and install.

I'm running tests right now.

tao.ma wrote:
> Add test script in ocfs2-test to test whether removing can work OK.
>
> 1. test_remove.c
> This file is used to create some boudary situation to test whether
> tunefs.ocfs2 can work OK with removing slots.
> When we have orphan files or have some blocks allocated in truncate log
> or local alloc, we can't remove the slots, so the option
> CREATE_ORPHAN_FILE,
> CREATE_TRUNCATE_LOG and CREATE_LOCAL_ALLOC are used to check it.
>
> 2. corrupt.patch
> With this patch, tunefs.ocfs2 will abort at the specified place and we
> can check
> whether fsck.ocfs2 can fix the aborted problem.
>
> 3. remove_slot.patch
> The main test script to test removing slots.

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle USA
Linux Engineering