[Ocfs2-tools-devel] a patch for fswreck of ocfs2-tools

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue Aug 29 19:47:39 PDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:29:26AM +0800, tao.ma wrote:
> Change l_count to 1 won't be helpful. You know when we try
> ocfs2_extend_allocation of a file, it will allocate a block from the
> bitmap and then try to set this block num to the extent list. Under my
> circumstance, I will create a file at one time, so now matter how many
> block I create, the block nums will be allocated contiguously and only
> the 0 entry will be enlarged. So only one extent_rec is needed actually.

	Oh, right, sure.  Sorry about that.  We usually do two files in
parallel to beat that.  Each file gets the next allocation, so they
lockstep and prevent each other from getting a contiguous allocation.
	If that's all your doing, why not build two files?  Heck, the
l_count thing could make the tree grow faster too if that's your intent.

Joel

--

To spot the expert, pick the one who predicts the job will take the
longest and cost the most.

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle