[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Re: ocfs2-tools for Debian/Ubuntu

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 11 00:32:04 CDT 2005

Joel Becker wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 04:42:14PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
>
>>I would be glad if you could also review the copyright file, because when
>>i started the packaging was slightly different from your and an acknoledge
>>from you would be nice.
>

> 	You should remove my name from the copyright file (I just did it
> here) so that it reads:
>
> Copyright (C) 2004,2005 Oracle, All Rights Reserved.
>
> 	Nothing else jumps out right now.
>
> Joel

Hi Joel,
       ok copyright file updated, it will hit the archive sometime soon.

I have been digging into other stuff too and i think we did a common mistake
in the way in which we install the init.d script, but please correct me if
i am wrong.

It is my understanding that kernel modules and userland tools need to match
in certain revisions. This means that during a system update, we cannot simply
restart (this is happening automatically with the actual dh_installinit) the tools because we don't
have any way to ensure that the kernel has been updated and running,
and because the filesystem might be in use and iirc the restart would fail.

The other issue is that we are using the default runlevel setup at the moment and it
will make ocfs2 available quite late during the boot process. This means that some
services that might require ocfs2 already mounted, will fail.

So my suggestion is to change the dh_installinit script to something like this:

dh_installinit --name=o2cb --no-restart-on-upgrade -- start 60 S . start 6 0 6 .

--no-restart-on-upgrade will ensure that the cluster is not restarted (for the above reasons)

-- start 60 S . start 6 0 6 . will ensure that the cluster is started very early in the boot process
                              when network is available but before any daemon is running.

Cheers
Fabio

PS I haven't forgot the debconf stuff.. i just didn't get to test it yet. sorry about that.

--
no signature file found.