[Ocfs2-devel] OCFS2 support which architectures and can the cluster work under mixed architectures?

Junxiao Bi junxiao.bi at oracle.com
Wed Aug 5 22:26:57 PDT 2015

Hi Gang,

On 08/06/2015 11:03 AM, Gang He wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
>>From the document(https://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/), it says that OCFS2 supports x86, x86_64, ia64 and ppc64. I am not sure that this doc is up-to-date, now, OCFS2 supports any other architecture? e.g. s390x?
> The second question, since OCFS2 is a cluster FS and support multiple architectures, can a OCFS2 cluster work under a mixed architectures environment? e.g. some nodes are x86, some nodes are ppc64.
I think ocfs2 works good on le endian, but maybe not on big endian
though i never test it. From the source code, kernel seemed be prepared
for big endian, but for tools, maybe not, i found lot of codes reading
stuff from disk to memory without conversion in fsck.ocfs2. I am not
sure about other tools, so may need do a full check.

Thanks,
Junxiao.