[Ocfs2-devel] configfs: possible recursive locking detected

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Apr 27 12:44:29 PDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:52:31AM -0400, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
> I recently rebuilt my mainline kernel with lockdep enabled since I've
> been getting reports of reiserfs lockdep warnings. When I booted, I got
> the following warning from configfs. I haven't done any triage at all on
> it, but one of the shortcomings of lockdep IMO is the false positives.
> The ones for reiserfs just need better annotation. There's no error
> condition. This might be the same.

	Without looking deeply, that stack is pretty much where we
expect to see recursive locking that needs annotation.  It's carefully
designed, but I haven't gotten around to learning how to annotate it.

Joel

--

"The doctrine of human equality reposes on this: that there is no
 man really clever who has not found that he is stupid."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com