[Ocfs2-devel] configfs: possible recursive locking detected

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Fri Apr 27 10:54:31 PDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:52:31AM -0400, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
> I recently rebuilt my mainline kernel with lockdep enabled since I've
> been getting reports of reiserfs lockdep warnings. When I booted, I got
> the following warning from configfs. I haven't done any triage at all on
> it, but one of the shortcomings of lockdep IMO is the false positives.
> The ones for reiserfs just need better annotation. There's no error
> condition. This might be the same.

Without looking at the trace, I'm going to take a guess that it probably
just needs more annotation. There's a bunch of false positives in configfs
and ocfs2 right now which need fixing. I got a couple of them a while back,
but that didn't scratch the surface it seems :/
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh
Senior Software Developer, Oracle