[Ocfs2-devel] Extended Attribute Support?

EKC webmaster at generalsynthesis.com
Wed Jun 7 19:47:13 CDT 2006

Speaking of Lustre, how does OCFS2 compare in terms of scalability?

My understanding of OCFS2 is that it is limited to a maximum of 254
cluster nodes. However, most of the OCFS2 documentation that I've read
uses node slots per volume in the single digits. Are there any
practical limitations to using 254 node slots per volume on OCFS2, and
creating an OCFS2 cluster with 254 nodes (each node with 254 volumes
mounted on it)?

Since OCFS2 doesn't provide a unified namespace amongst volumes, I
would like to be able to mount the same volume across all of my
cluster nodes (up to 254). OCFS2 is attractive because of how clean
the code is, and its inclusion in the mainline kernel.

Thanks again