[Ocfs2-devel] What's your opinion on the patch to fix bug 58 for kernel 2.6 porting?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Apr 30 10:52:58 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 09:19:19AM +0800, Zhang, Sonic wrote:
> 	In kernel 2.6 VFS routine sys_umount()->...->generic_shutdown_super(), if the inode usage count i_count is not 0, error information is reported. Then, the system will halt in routine kill_bdev()->truncate_inode_pages().
> 	If we don't fix it in OCFS2 driver, we have to change the kernel 2.6 VFS sys_umount code. Is it a good solution?

	The issue is not whether to fix it in the OCFS2 driver.  The
issue is solving the problem without resorting to ugly stuff like
signals.
	Can you provide a complete description of what happens to cause
the problem, so we can look at it?

Joel

--

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't
 help the rabbit."

Joel Becker
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Oracle Corporation