[Ocfs2-devel] What's your opinion on the patch to fix bug 58 for kernel 2.6 porting?

Zhang, Sonic sonic.zhang at intel.com
Fri Apr 30 10:19:19 CDT 2004

Hi Mark,

	In kernel 2.6 VFS routine sys_umount()->...->generic_shutdown_super(), =
if the inode usage count i_count is not 0, error information is =
reported. Then, the system will halt in routine =
kill_bdev()->truncate_inode_pages().
	If we don't fix it in OCFS2 driver, we have to change the kernel 2.6 =
VFS sys_umount code. Is it a good solution?

	Thanks.

Sonic Zhang
Software Engineer
Intel China Software Lab