[Ocfs2-devel] ETA on v2's production release

Sheridan, Matt Matt.Sheridan at McKesson.com
Fri Apr 16 18:24:14 CDT 2004

I assume the answer will be "when it's ready", but I thought I'd throw
the question out anyway. :-)

Are there more beta releases planned? The last beta's release notes
mentioned that there are still a few remaining to-do's (migration
to/from v1, fsck), so I'm guessing it might still be a while.

We've been playing with v2 lately and have been impressed enough that
we'd like to move forward with that instead of v1. But, we're looking to
pilot a new system within the next 2-3 months, and were wondering if
it's at all likely that v2 will be considered production (ie. supported)
by then. If that timing doesn't look likely, then we'll focus our
testing solely on v1.

Thanks in advance,
Matt