[Ocfs-users] cluster with 2 nodes - heartbeat problem fencing

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Mar 6 10:13:43 PST 2008

What that note says is that in a 2 node setup, if the communication link
between the two node breaks, the higher node number will be fenced.

In your case, you are shutting down the network on node 0. The cluster stack
sees this as a comm link down between the two nodes. At this stage, even
if you do a umount vol on node 1, node 1 will still have node 0 in its
domain
and will want to ping it to migrate lockres', leave the domain, etc. As in,
umount is a clusterwide event and not an isolated one.

Forcibly shutting down hb won't work because the vol is still mounted
and all those inodes are still cached and maybe still in use.

I am unclear as to what your real problem is.

Sunil