[Ocfs-users] cluster with 2 nodes - heartbeat problem fencing

g.digiambelardini at fabaris.it g.digiambelardini at fabaris.it
Thu Mar 6 06:19:29 PST 2008

Hi thanks for your help.
We read your link, and we tried many solutions, but nothings work well for
us.
The situation is that when we stop the eth link con the server have node
number = 0 ( virtual1 ) and shared partition is mounted, we can't for some
second umount manually the partition ( or shutdown the server ) before the
node 2 go in  kernel panic ( the partition seems locked ).

this is our /etc/default/o2cb:

# O2CB_ENABLED: 'true' means to load the driver on boot.
O2CB_ENABLED=true

# O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER: If not empty, the name of a cluster to start.
O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER=ocfs2

# O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD: Iterations before a node is considered dead.
O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=30

# O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS: Time in ms before a network connection is
considered dead.
O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS=50000

# O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS: Max. time in ms before a keepalive packet is
sent.
O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS=5000

# O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS: Min. time in ms between connection attempts.
O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS=5000
We tried to change many times the value but nothing to do.

I think the most easy way is stop heartbeat, but we can success to do it.

HELP ME