[Ocfs-devel] OCFS 1.0.9-6 performance with EVA 6000 Storage

Jeram jeram at JISEDU.OR.ID
Wed Jun 2 09:04:26 CDT 2004

Dear All...

I need some information regarding OCFS performance in my Linux Box, herewith
is my environment details :
1. We are using RHAS 2.1 with kernel 2.4.9-e.27 Enterprise
2. OCFS version : 2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.9-6
3. Oracle RDBMS : 9.2.0.4 RAC with 5 Nodes
4. Storage = EVA 6000 with 8 TB SIZE
5. We have 1 DiskGroup and 51 LUNs configured in EVA6000.
My Question is :
1. It takes arround 15 minutes to mount arround 51 ocfs file system, is this
a normal situation?
2. I monitor the OS using VMSTAT without starting the RAC server, column IO
(bo and bi) it's giving 3 digits value continuously, then I unmount all the
OCFS filesystem, again monitor the IO using VMSTAT,  column IO (bo and bi)
it's giving 1 digits value, any idea why this is happen?
I have raised this issue to HP engineers who provide the HW, have not got
the answer yet.
Thanks in advance
Rgds/Jeram