[Ocfs-devel] Re: OCM with multiple Oracle_Home

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Wed Dec 10 20:40:54 CST 2003

> One concern is the Oracle Cluster Manager. I've read that we can have only
> one set of OCM process to manage   all instances. The question is what O_H
> should we run the OCM? Is it better to create a separate O_H for the
> cluster manager alone aside from the 3 other instances? Or can we just run
> the OCM from one of the O_H the existing environments?

doesn't matter which one

> We also are running into several mounting problems. We followed the
> instructions from OCFS_Users_Guide.doc.rtf and  "Oracle9i RAC Quick
> Installation Guide" White paper (Oct 2003).  We've included the devices in
> the fstab  so it automatically mounts it during boot up. It seems these
> devices are not being mounted at startup. Though when you manually mount
> it, it gets mounted.  Does this have something to do with starting up the
> OCM first before fstab is initiallized.

for some reason I couldn't' see the fstab.
did you add _netdev ? you are not rerunning ocfs_uid_gen every time are
you ? can be one of many things, check dmesg to se if there were errors,
usually it doesn't load the module early enough, especially if you don't
have the _netdev in the fstab