[graalvm-users] Issue with using js-scriptEngine in OPENjdk17

Ikonne, Eze ike.ikonne at capgemini.com
Thu Jan 26 03:49:13 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I am trying to use the following jars to enable me to perform  java scripting  in my application running on OpenJDK17. I would
appreciate it if someone in this group could point me to right direction. Also, is what am trying to do actually possible?

Here is the scenario

  1.  Jar files:

js-scriptengine-22.3.1.jar

truffle-api-22.3.1.jar

compiler-22.3.1.jar

graal-sdk-22.3.1.jar

  1.  JDK - OpenJDK17

  1.  Code snippet

ScriptEngine engine = null;

engine =  GraalJSScriptEngine.create();

ScriptEngineFactory factory = engine.getFactory();

  1.  Then I got the following exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jdk.vm.ci.services.Services
        at org.graalvm.libgraal.LibGraal.<clinit>(LibGraal.java:71)
        at org.graalvm.compiler.truffle.runtime.hotspot.libgraal.LibGraalTruffleRuntimeAccess.getPriority(LibGraalTruffleRuntimeAccess.java:44)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.Truffle.selectTruffleRuntimeAccess(Truffle.java:90)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.Truffle$1.run(Truffle.java:131)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.Truffle$1.run(Truffle.java:108)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:692)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.Truffle.initRuntime(Truffle.java:108)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.Truffle.<clinit>(Truffle.java:63)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.impl.Accessor.getTVMCI(Accessor.java:1365)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.impl.Accessor$Constants.<clinit>(Accessor.java:1245)
        at com.oracle.truffle.api.impl.Accessor.engineSupport(Accessor.java:1306)