[graalvm-users] How to use GraalVM in Eclipse

Mikko Merikivi mikkommm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:18:17 PST 2020

So, I've downloaded and extracted the
graalvm-ce-java11-linux-amd64-20.2.0.tar.gz

I want to be able to run this example code in Eclipse:
import org.graalvm.polyglot.*;
import org.graalvm.polyglot.proxy.*;

public class HelloPolyglot {
        System.out.println("Hello Java!");
        try (Context context = Context.create()) {
            context.eval("python", "print('Hello Python!')");
        }
    }
}

How do I do that? I tried modifying the project's Java Build Path ->
Libraries -> JRE System Library to point to the root directory of the
GraalVM, but now when I press "Run", it throws the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at py4j.examples.HelloPolyglot.main(HelloPolyglot.java:5)