[graalvm-users] Creating maven artifacts for native libs

Ramsey Gurley ramseygurley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:59:10 PST 2019

I think I have gotten ahead of myself. I decided to try to build libogg
using graalvm first, since ogg is very small. My first problem is to
build with clang and get .bc files out of the build process. If I

CC=/usr/bin/clang ./configure && make

then it will build with clang and I get the expected .so files, but if I

CC=/usr/bin/clang CFLAGS=-emit-llvm ./configure && make

then it fails very quickly in the configure script.

# CC=/usr/bin/clang CFLAGS=-emit-llvm ./configure && make
checking build system type... aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/clang
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/libogg-1.3.4':
See `config.log' for more details

I'm more familiar with java than C, so I'm wondering if I did something
incorrectly. Has anyone has had better luck with building native libs
with graalvm?

Thanks,

Ramsey