[graalvm-users] java as a guest language?

Erick Johnson erick at vos.io
Mon Nov 4 14:34:42 PST 2019

Hello,

After passively following GraalVM work for some time, I'm starting to
get more hands on with it. Currently I'm interested in understanding
more about the instrumentation APIs
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.graalvm.org_docs_graalvm-2Das-2Da-2Dplatform_implement-2Dinstrument_-23simple-2Dinstrumentation-2Dagent&d=DwIBaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=CUkXBxBNT_D5N6HMJ5T9Z6rmvNKYsqupcbk72K0lcoQ&m=9zUJig7JQXQ5iU1nBfmSzCoMYLSjrPBi21zwO6jOQ-U&s=I848zbKOnibdjNQhsHmKQIUEp8xPCEafnhiYkSVPB3w&e= ).

Particularly - is it possible to treat Java as a guest language in
order to use the truffle instrumentation and source APIs to inspect
Java code?

AFAICT this is not possible  - but  the first example from the
org.graalvm.polyglot.Source documentation - "From a file on disk" (
https://docs.oracle.com/en/graalvm/enterprise/19/sdk/org/graalvm/polyglot/Source.html)
- made me question whether or not I missed something.

Thanks

Erick