[graalvm-users] Reading from static resource file

Marco Bungart m.bungart at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 05:23:55 PST 2019

Hello!

I have a problem with resource files when building native images. I
would like to read the content of a resource file. The snippet of code
accessing the file is:

    String PATH = "/wordCount/le_grand_cyrus.txt";
    try (
      BufferedInputStream is =
          new
BufferedInputStream(getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(PATH));
      BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(is))) {
      System.out.println(is.available()); // Exception occurs here
      [...]
    }

running the program on the JVM works just fine.

When I, however, compile the jdk to an native image, the program
terminates with

    Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Stream closed

I compiled the native image with -H:IncludeResources='...'
-H:Log=registerResources to verify that the files are included in the
native image.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issues? Any help is much
appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,
Marco Bungart