[graalvm-users] Graalvm performance

Rodrigo Botafogo rodrigo.a.botafogo at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:02:33 PDT 2018

Hello graAll,

>From  the documentation and videos about graal,  I understand that code in
any language should be quite efficient when running under graal.  However,
are there specific cases for which one language should perform better than
the others?

For instance, suppose I want to implement matrix multiplication, doing this
in a java matrix is expected to be as efficient as storing the data in a
ruby array?  Will the compiler identify that the data in the ruby array are
doubles and manage to turn this in as efficient code as storing in a double
java matrix?

Also, efficient matrix multiply algorithms read the matrix in special order
to maximize the use of data in the registry.  Should the same be considered
when using graal or will the compiler manage to do its magic by itself?

Thanks

--
Rodrigo Botafogo