[graalvm-users] Compiling Scala Faster with GraalVM

Oleg Šelajev oleg.selajev at oracle.com
Wed Jun 20 10:19:02 PDT 2018

GraalVM performs well for Scala programs. It can also run the Scala compiler, which is itself a Scala program faster.
We got ~30% boost on compiling Shapeless, Akka, and the Scala compiler project itself.

We also created native images of scalac to improve its startup about 10x.

If you’re using Scala, GraalVM can show a significant improvement of compilation times on any large project.
You can also use GraalVM to run the resulting Scala application for possibly better peak performance.

Read more details about it in the article by Vojin Jovanovic: https://medium.com/graalvm/compiling-scala-faster-with-graalvm-86c5c0857fa3

-
Oleg Šelajev