[graalvm-users] Migrate from Nashhorn JSR 223 Scripting Engine to Graal

Andreas Mueller am at iit.de
Mon Jun 18 06:05:22 PDT 2018

Hi,

I was cold hitted by the announcement that Nashorn might be deprecated in future. Since we have a lot JS scripts implemented that run on the JVM and interact with Java very well, I need an alternative JSR 223 JavaScript engine. So GraalVM comes to mind (and is suggested).

GraalVM seems to me a JDK replacement rather than a scripting engine. I downloaded it but didn’t find a jar file (such as graaljs.jar) that contains the JSR 223 engine and that I just add to the classpath of a legacy JDK 1.8.x and then it is automatically available when I list the engines.

Can anybody tell me how I can achieve this?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Mueller
IIT Software GmbH

IIT Software GmbH
Falkenhorst 11, 48155 Münster, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)251 39 72 99 00
Managing Director: Andreas Müller
District Court: Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 16294
VAT-No: DE199945912