[El-errata] ELBA-2008-2010 Enterprise Linux 5 oracleasm-support bug fix update
Errata Announcements for Enterprise Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Wed Nov 5 20:49:20 PST 2008
Enterprise Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2008-2010
The following updated rpms for Enterprise Linux 5 have been uploaded to
the Unbreakable Linux Network:
Description of Changes:
- There is a new '/usr/sbin/oracleasm' command that provides a much more
flexible interface to the oracleasm support software. oracleasm
operations are subcommands for the 'oracleasm' program. The
/etc/init.d/oracleasm script now uses the 'oracleasm' program as well.
All new features are accessed by using the new 'oracleasm' command.
- There is a new 'oracleasm update-driver' command that will try to
download the latest Oracle ASMLib driver for a given kernel. It can
update multiple kernel versions at once. If no version is specified,
it will update the currently running kernel. This supports drivers
available via the Unbreakable Linux Network and on the Oracle
- The 'oracleasm querydisk' command adds the '-d' and '-p'
options. The '-d' option will display the device number of the
queried disk. The '-p' option will attempt to locate matching device
paths if the blkid(8) tool is installed.
- The 'oracleasm deletedisk' command can delete a disk by device as well
as by name.
- The 'oracleasm scandisks' command adds the '-s' option. This option
prevents a scan from re-reading the partition table of a device. It
is safer when scanning running disks, though it will not pick up
- The 'oracleasm scandisks' command can now be given a list of disks
to scan. The administrator can use this to only scan specific disks,
such as newly added ones.
More information about the El-errata