[Berkeley DB Announce] Major Release: Berkeley DB 12gR1 (18.104.22.168)
Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family.
bdb at oss.oracle.com
Mon Jun 10 20:04:20 PDT 2013
Berkeley DB 12gR1 (22.214.171.124)
We are pleased to announce a new major release of Berkeley DB 12gR1 (126.96.36.199). There are many features and enhancements in this release. Below are some of the major areas of focus.
- HA partial replication feature
- HA "Viewer" mode enables more sophisticated configurations
- improved SQL HA usability, multi-process support
- SQL security: support for JDBC encryption
Small Device Platforms
- Better integration with the Oracle Java Embedded Client (OJEC)
- Simplified configuration for embedded targets using app specific recommendations
- Faster performance in many-core environments and MVCC
- BLOB performance improvements
-- NOTE: MD5 signatures to verify product file integrity are <download link>.md5
Consult the change log for the complete list of changes.
Starting with the 6.0 / 12c releases, all Berkeley DB products are licensed under the GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (AGPL), version 3. This license is published by the Free Software Foundation (FSF) (1) and approved by the Open Source Initiative (2). Please review the terms of the license to ensure compliance before upgrading to the 12c release. Previous releases of Berkeley DB software will continue to be distributed under the Sleepycat license.
Product Community, the Oracle Technology Network:
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2131985
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/berkeleydb
General Berkeley DB Questions:
Questions about Berkeley DB's Replication and High Availability (HA) features:
Licensing, Sales, and Other Questions: mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com
Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB.
Product Manager | Oracle Berkeley DB
More information about the BDB