[rds-devel] How to port an existing app based on UDP with RDS over InfiniBand?

Chen Nai chennai1982 at 126.com
Thu Oct 22 23:12:56 PDT 2015

Hi, all:
For an application written with the traditional sockets (SOCK_DGRAM), how to translate it with RDS over IB?
Is there any user shared library to pre-load RDS protocol without code recoding and recompiling of the existing applications, just like libsdp.so?
How to compare and  benchmark the performance between UDP over GE and RDS over IB, including network rate, TPS and transport latency? I have added RDS_STREAM performance test on netperf-2.7.0 according to the following patch written by Mr. Vladimir Sokolovsky
https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/rds-devel/2007-January/000053.html
Besides, I compared the throughput with a graph between RDS over IPoIB, RDS over GE, UDP over IPoIB Send/Recv, UDP over GE Send/Recv. Could I post it for a reference? Next I plan to support RDS_RR on netperf-2.7.0 to benchmark the round-trip time (network latency) and compare UDP_RR.

Best regards.